Once you have your Pis unpackaged and have installed microSD cards in them, you’re ready to rack them up and get them networked and booted.
- Mount one Pi per tier of the stackable case.
- Mount the stack to a board, and mount the network switch and USB power supply as well.
- Plug each Pi into one of the power supply’s jacks, ensuring all Pis are plugged into a 2A port (skip this step if using a PoE switch and PoE HATs).
- Connect each Pi to the network switch using a short network cable (Cat 5e or Cat 6 recommended. Either create your own (here’s a decent guide for the process), or buy them premade.
- Run power to the switch and to the USB power supply.
- Once the Pis are powered, they should all boot up!